EFL Young Learner and Young Adult Teaching Position
ESL Job Details
EFL young learner and young adult teaching position at The American Language Center of Tangier starting March 27th, 2016
• Native speaker of English with US, Canadian, UK or Australian citizenship
• B.A. + CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based course TEFL certification with practical teaching with real learners
• At least one year of overseas EFL teaching experience (full-time)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• 158-188 Dirhams per contact hour (approx. $15.80 – $18.80) (Post-tax monthly salary based on 21-24 contact hours per week paid at 168 Dirhams per hour is between approx. $980 [@70hours/month] and $1,090 [@80hours/month] per month).
• Free 3 star hotel accommodations for up to 14 days after arrival
• Settling in allowance to buy furnishings for apartment (10,000 Dirhams = approximately $1,000)
• Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
• One month paid vacation
• Survival Arabic language lessons
Reimbursement of airplane ticket to Morocco up to 12,000 Dirhams (approximately $1,200) upon completion of 1 year contract
The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located in Morocco. All classrooms have flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials. Our Center has a café for our students & teachers and our annex is equipped with coin-operated coffee machine and microwave.
We are looking for full-time teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of the communicative approach to language acquisition. This includes a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
Other opportunities available:
• Lead clubs for students – weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assist with projects such as exam proofreading and involvement in our community service associations
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and the annual all-ALC conference.
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Interested applicants should send a current CV; a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to teach with ALC Marrakesh; scanned copies of relevant diplomas, certificates and the first page of your passport; and 2 letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their e-mail addresses). Click the apply now button.